From Monday 13th July 2020 driving lessons with Markus will recommence. Until further notice, the usual cancellation charge of needing 24 hours’ notice will no longer be in place.
BEFORE YOUR DRIVING LESSON
• Please make sure you wash your hands for at least 20 seconds (in line with government guidance), immediately before leaving the house for our lesson. If you wish to wear disposable gloves, please put them on just before getting into the car.
• Only bring minimal personal belongings (house key and mobile phone). Anything else like a bag/handbag or coat may be necessary to bring with you, but it shall be wrapped in a disposable bin bag (I will supply this) and placed in the boot.
Between lessons I will have cleaned down door handles inside and out, dashboard, windows and mirror controls, seat and head restraints, seatbelt and its mechanism, gear lever, steering wheel, indicator and wiper stalks, parking brake, car key, all with anti-bacterial/anti-virus wipes.
In addition to this, I will have cleaned my own hands with hand sanitiser.
DURING OUR LESSONS
Needless to say, seated side by side makes it impossible to keep a sensible social-distance. So a face mask MUST be worn by both of us for the duration of our lesson.
Although the advice on the effectiveness of face masks and coverings varies, and is not required by law, the lesson will not go ahead if you do not wear one. This is to ensure the safety of not just both of us, but those we live with.
I will keep the windows down as much as possible during the lesson to allow for ventilation, so please wrap up warm as it might be cooler in the car. If it does get too cold or too windy, please tell me and I’ll adjust the heating appropriately.
I will avoid the use of air conditioning so as to keep the air inside the car as fresh and clean as possible – however, should it be necessary during hot weather, the windows will remain down.
Wearing a face mask may no doubt cause us discomfort, especially during longer lessons. Should either one of us wish for a break, we can pull over in a safe and convenient place (as many times as necessary), and leave the car for that much needed fresh air.
There will be hand sanitiser in the car, on your side as well as my own, so please clean your hands as frequently as you feel necessary.
It is absolutely normal for a learner driver to get sweaty palms, so please feel free to use the supplied sanitiser.
At this time, parents, guardians, or friends, will not be able to sit in on the lesson.
IMPORTANT THINGS TO CONSIDER
Both you and I need to consider the following:
• If we ourselves or others close to us have any symptoms – even if we think it’s a cold/flu, or even hay-fever.
• If we ourselves or our family fall into higher risk groups.
• If we have a relative or partner we are living with who is also at moderate or high risk.
So, to repeat, if you need to cancel your driving lesson, even if it is short notice, then there will be no charge. Likewise, I may have to cancel our lessons due to similar reasons.
CORONAVIRUS / COVID-19 SYMPTOMS
(Described by the government)
• A high temperature.
• A new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual).
• A loss of taste or smell.
And so, always ask yourself:
• Do you have, or have, had any symptoms of the virus within the last 7 days?
• Has anyone in your household become unwell and has symptoms?
• Do you believe that you may have been in contact with someone showing symptoms?